Property & Real Estate Law
Get Advice Now
By entering my email address above, I consent to receiving electronic messages from Lim Chambers regarding information about their products and services. I understand that I may unsubscribe at any time.
AREAS WE CAN HELP
Benefits to Client
Other Practice Area
Winding-up & Bankruptcy
Land and tenancy disputes
Tort & negligence
Debt recovery, bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring (including disputes involving Islamic Loan Agreements)
Tenancy and Lease
Transfer of Estate Property
Perfection of transfer and charge
Discharge of charge
Deed of Assignment
Deed of Receipt and Reassignment
Divorce Proceeding (contested & Uncontested)
Custody of children
Maintenance for spouse & Children
Division & Distribution of Matrimonial property & asset
Mediation / Settlement Agreement
Drafting will agreement
Probate and Administration
Will, Trust, Power of Attorney
Advisory and Establishment of Trust
Criminal Advisory Work
White Collar Crimes
Joint venture disputes and strategic alliance
Insolvency and Liquidation
Corporate and Debt Restructuring
Most frequent questions and answers
- However, the Vendor shall discharge the existing charge
- For example, A owes the bank RM 200,000. B is buying the house with RM 400, 000. Thus, RM 200,000 from B is to be used as payment for the loan owed by A.
Documents needed from client: IC of borrower(s), latest assessment(s) and quit rent(s), fully-settlement receipt(s), title.
- As for seller, he is obliged to hand over the title, keys and vacant possession while for buyer, he needs to pay the balance of the purchase price.
- Stamping is to legalise the document. The stamp duty rates for SPA and MOT is based on the purchase price of the property.
RPGT is a tax payable by the owner or the property before being sold to the other party when the resale price is higher than the purchase price.
- Exemption on gains from the disposal of one private residential property once-in-a-lifetime to an individual.
- Exemption on gains arising from the disposal of real property between family members.
- Exemption of RPGT is available in case that 10% of profits or RM 10,000 per transaction or higher is not taxable.
- Low cost, low-medium cost and affordable housing priced below RM 200,000 will be exempted from RPGT.
Interest will be charged from the vendor(s) or developer(s) which the amount will vary from cases to cases.